All barristers at South Square have real expertise in company law and regularly advise and litigate (in court and in arbitration) in this area. Members of Chambers have dealt with shareholder disputes, directors’ duties and director disqualification proceedings. We advise on a wide range of corporate and commercial documentation and structured finance transactions. Other specific areas of expertise include:
- Market and financial transactions.
- Maintenance and reduction of share capital.
- Solvent and insolvent schemes of arrangement.
- Insurance company portfolio transfers under Part VII of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- Loan capital and banking securities.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
Some of the more high profile cases with which members of Chambers have been involved include: BAA, Tajik Aluminum, Re Neath RUFC, British Aviation Insurance Company, Sovereign Marine and General Insurance Company, Cavell Insurance, Sea Containers and the Mongolian Energy Corporation.